[OM] Lighting tutorials, some even using Oly Digitals

Subject: [OM] Lighting tutorials, some even using Oly Digitals
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 02:24:34 -0700 (PDT)
This link takes you to various lighting tutorials, put out by photo-flex to
promote their
products:
http://www.photoflex.com/Photoflex_Products/LiteDisc_Holder/index.html

If you carefully go through this link you don't have to register to view them.
I had seen some of these before, but since I am experimenting building and
testing various
diffusers/reflectors etc, it was interesting reading again.

Some of the tutorials are very basic, but many are more interesting in that
they peel off each
layer of what they are doing, so you can see exactly how each setup is put
together and what the
contributions are, of each bit.

The effects of the grids on delivered light quality is interesting, usually a
few well placed
shields (cardboard!) will stop light spill to background making a grid
unecessary, but it is
interesting how the actual light reflected off the subjects changes.

With a little creative thought, you can figure out how to do these setups, with
very modest gear,
rather than spending $600x2 on 2 octadomes and more!
Like Chucks multi T32's+low cost umbrellas,using white ceilings,white
corners,sheets,bounce cards
etc for bouncing and filling.

Tim Hughes