[OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.

Subject: [OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:36:14 -0700
John Hermanson wrote:
> When the E-400 is available, it will probably show up in dealers ads. So
> in a way, it will be available in the US, just through a different
> middle man.  Don't know what that will mean regarding factory service
> though.

Gray market cameras will certainly be available. But the real problem is
warranty. Althouhg Candace is the worst exxample I remember hearing
about, several others here have needed some kind of service on
E-thingies and lenses.

B&H sells gray market C and N lenses, but no bodies. For them, it says:

"Any "grey market" item B&H Photo-Video sells includes a B&H warranty,
which covers the same particulars the USA warranty would cover for a
period of one year. The only difference is that you would ship the item
to B&H for service. Your original B&H Photo-Video product invoice is all
that is required."

I rather doubt E-400s will show up this way, but one may always hope.

Moose