[OM] What if

Subject: [OM] What if
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:16:20 -0700 (PDT)
What if Olympus were to introduce a camera at Photokina that:

1. Took the legacy Zuiko lenses with full-aperture control,
2. Was full-frame,
3. Came in full-manual as well as various levels of auto,
4. Was smaller then the current E-bodies,
5. Was compatible with most of the legacy OM accessories,
6. Utilized the latest single-use sensor technology from Fuji
and Kodak.

Just how excited would we be?

Now, go and pick up one of your OMs and pretend for a week that
you just bought it brand new.  Look how revolutionary and
advanced it is, run rolls of film through it with the
expectation that it will improve your photographic life.
Recognize how cutting edge the user-interface is and
un-monolithic the body feels.  Notice too, how small the lenses
are. Wow!  Look ma, no distortion!  What's that I see?  Bokeh.
Hmmm.  What is this?  An aperture ring?  A shutter-speed ring?
Even the ISO setting is constantly visible! Where are all the
buttons?  Multi-spot?  The user-interface seems so...RETRO! Oh,
but in such a good way.  Did I mention the focus screen--IT'S
HUGE!!!  (that should get the spam filters choking)

And it's field-upgradeable by the user with the latest sensor
technology.

Perspective, folks, perspective.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com