[OM] Re: B&W chemistry and septic systems?

Subject: [OM] Re: B&W chemistry and septic systems?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:11:01 +0000
I began my photographic dabbling while living in a house with a septic system,
and, like Chuck, never had a problem. From a practical standpoint, I doubt
occasional and moderate use of a darkroom would be a real problem. Thinking
back, over the four or five years I used this darkroom in the country, I would
guess I processed maybe 200 rolls of B&W, 20 rolls of Ektachrome, and made
probably the equivalent of 500 8x10 B&W prints. All the chemicals went into the
septic system, which was still working just fine when the house burned to the
ground a few years later, which I doubt had anything to do with the chemicals
that may have soaked into the back yard. Of course, there may be three-eyed,
seven-legged, 20-pound newts living in the ground just waiting to emerge to
ravage mankind, but that wouldn't be my fault, 'cause I didn't know any better
at the time, which is always a good defense for just about anything.

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>