[OM] Re: Whither Khen?

Subject: [OM] Re: Whither Khen?
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:18:49 -0700 (PDT)
Khen has eloquently pointed out that Olympus is NOT
the type of company that will send out an item based
on market force. Yes we would all like an E-3 NOW!
However, Olympus does not want to push out a product
for the sake of competing with the C/N's of the world.
They would rather put out a good product that will
stand out from the crowd, have the quality that is
expected from Olympus, and please those that have any
doubts.

This might be a pipe dream on Olympus's part but I'd
like to wait and see. I am almost at the breaking
point myself - the new N D80 is looking fine at this
point but I am still going to wait a little bit more.
A glimmer of hope with some of the new announcements
by Leica, Sigma, etc.

Anyhow Khen's point is that Olympus beats to a
different drummer and with that in mind I think we can
expect good things down the road. I wonder how long
that road is but I have FAITH.

http://mail.yahoo.com