[OM] blocks of wood

Subject: [OM] blocks of wood
From: "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 02:10:19 -0700
> Then, our intelligence is insulted by the display of a block of
> wood and some pipe dream of "someday we'll release a functional
> block of wood, but we have no idea when, or what it will do."

Dr. Land did this over 35 years ago at a Polaroid shareowners' meeting. He
opened his suit jacket slightly, then began to reach into the inner pocket, but
withdrew his hand without removing anything. When later asked what was in his
pocket, he answered "A block of wood."

Of course, _he_ actually delivered two years later.

I, too, have lost faith in Olympus's willingness and/or ability to deliver the
kind of high-quality, wildly innovative products they were once famous for.