[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: Jón Ragnarsson <jonr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:03:47 +0000
AG Schnozz wrote:

> The Canon 5D has completely changed the "landscape" here.  In
> the stock world, I'm now competing against these.  The 20D/30D
> with 8MP is now no longer acceptable.  What totally flipped me
> out this week was getting a rejection on over 125 images which
> were carefully worked to get absolutely the best quality on.
> The total time-loss on these images was around two man-weeks.
> They were not rejected for any reason other than "interpolation
> artifacts" and "lack of clarity/detail".  Previous submittions
> with lesser quality were easily accepted, but no more. When I
> inquired about it, I was told that they were no longer going to
> accept any images taken with a camera less than 10MP.
>
> Now, YOU TELL ME what I'm supposed to do?  If this is a source
> of income required to buy food, it pretty much defines my
> minimum equipment needs.
>
> I've been eyeballing used 1Ds cameras. I've considered getting a
> loan for a 5D.  I've even considered bailing totally out of my
> current equipment and going Nikon.  However, I choose to keep my
> business as close to debt free as possible as I already have too
> many other debts to worry about.

Ok, so you need 10MP minimum. And you don't want to get into dept buying
a whole new system, which is very understandable.
I think your only option is to order an E-400 from Europe. Why is that
so much of a problem?

Now for my rant, and it has nothing to do with you, but I've just seen
too many posts like this after the introduction of E-400.
I find it very strange, that people which are quite comfortable of
buying and selling off ebay, joining mailing lists, writing on public
forums, just can't get the idea (This is not targeted at you, just
general observation) of international commerce?
I've ordered my whole system (Camera, flash, 3 lenses) from a shop in
the USA, paid by credit card and had it shipped to me by FedEx/UPS.
No problem whatsoever.

If you are desperate for 10MP, I think this is your least costly option.

Just my humble opinion.
J.

--
http://jonr.light.is/