[OM] Re: [OT]thoughts

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]thoughts
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:28:05 +0100
On 29/09/06, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A new computer should satisfy all of those, except for getting solar
> energy from my body. Personality is just not radiant enough, I
> suppose. You really wonder whether someone who is unclear on where
> solar energy comes from has anything meaningful at all to say.

Depends on how far back you go - after all, when you get right down to
it, fossil fuels are just trapped solar energy.  Plants soak up
sunshine & use it to make carbohydrates & proteins, animals eat the
plants and turn some of the carbohydrates & proteins into fats & other
proteins, corpses of animals get buried and eventually turned into
oil.  Coal's a bit more direct.