[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:10:34 -0400
Well, this particular rant certainly provides a lot of perspective.

I didn't realize 10MB was the minimum for stock now but I suppose it
was inevitable.  If memory serves, not so long ago 2-1/4 was the
minimum at some agencies and 4x5 was really preferred.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if you will be able to stay with Oly
digital long term.  The company simply isn't oriented to supplying and
supporting professional photographers.  It never was and I doubt it
ever will be.

Sure, some pros use Oly digi-products effectively, but for what you're
doing, C@non & N!kon and the digibacks gang are clearly better
choices.  The facts have been discussed in this forum in great detail
so I won't belabor them.  Had you made the switch to C@non rather than
getting an E1 your course of action would be obvious.  Heck, you'd
probably already be where you need to be as clean used 11~12MP FF
bodies are available used for ~$2k or so all day long.  The first
product in that range has been available for about four full years.
How much is two man-weeks worth?  Also, as a working pro you have
access to priority service at standard prices with loaners available.

But you know all this already.  It ain't about loyalty any more.  For
you, it really *is* about business.

I'm sure a couple of list members would be happy to send you a bullet
-- to bite, of course.  ;o)

my two lux worth/ScottGee1