[OM] Re: Manual focusing of the e500?

Subject: [OM] Re: Manual focusing of the e500?
From: "Candace Lemarr" <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:43:12 -0600

>> But it most likely will not be the same as it was in say Aperture
>> mode, which tends to use a slower shutter speed in general.
> That's not right. Aperture mode can't have any bias. It simply takes the
> aperture you set and the brightness from the meter to set the shutter
> speed. Any perceived bias will be a result of the user tending to set
> different apertures in that mode than are supported by the shutter
> speeds the user tends to set in the other mode..
>
> If you set 1/500 in Shutter mode and the camera sets f8, then if you set
> Aperture mode to f8 with the same light, shutter speed will be 1/500. It
> can't really work any other way and give proper exposures.
>
> Moose

Correct you are, Moose. I sometimes struggle with how to word what it is I
want to say, especially when I know there are so many people here with much
more knowledge and experience than me. How you worded it is exactly correct.
In my experience, tho, since I tend to struggle with exposure, especially on
the E-300, in aperture mode, I notice that the camera tends to choose a much
slower shutter speed than what I choose for the same aperture in Shutter
priority. Sorry, kids climbing on me, can't explain further...thanx for
Candace