[OM] Re: Interview with Watanabe Akira, Olympus DSRL development Manager

Subject: [OM] Re: Interview with Watanabe Akira, Olympus DSRL development Manager
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 18:16:55 +0200
Le samedi 30 Septembre 2006 17:51, keith_w a écrit :
> Jón Ragnarsson wrote:
> > I thought you would find this interesting...
> > http://www.4-3system.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=78
>
> Certainly did!
>
> Also, it should satisfy some here who have been clamoring for information
> on product releases.
>
> I think when the doors are finally opened, we should be prepared for an
> onslaught of both product and features.
> The bottom line is sort of "Just wait 'til Christmas! Are YOU going to be
> happy!"  ;-)
>
> At least, that's what I got out of it.

Your post made me read the article I previously missed (I've not much time to
read the list fully, at the moment). If I get it well, the reward for us
europeans to be strong olympus followers since the beginning is a subpar, not
fully finished and already phased out model (the E-400), while Olympus is
building up stocks of new, more apt and more technicaly advanced models due
for PMA 2007, reserved for domestic and US market ? And they're building them
with the hard earned cash we're giving them by buying the already old
fashioned E-400 ? And *maybe* *maybe* we won't have the new models if they
messed up with stocks again, after all Europe it's nearly the 3rd world, an
old model will be good enough ? And anyway, of course, it'll be tough luck
for those who're buying the E-400 in november, because 3 months later their
investment will have turned to ashes (well not really of course, but the 2nd
hand prices will sink)...

I'm fed up with the marketing diktats, world-splitting releases, and industry
arrogance (I fear this attitude is not reserved to Olympus). Heaven, it's not
the XIXth century anymore, goods do not travel in horse carts and sail
ships ! Anyway, knowing that I certainly won't buy into the E-400 ; I hate
the feeling of being crossed.

--
Manuel Viet