[OM] Re: Manual focusing of the e500?

Subject: [OM] Re: Manual focusing of the e500?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 12:33:12 +1000

> I don't think it is a good idea to use S mode, in S mode you have no
> exposure display (metering). Metering is only available in A
> and M mode with
> manual lenes. I always use A mode and with +/- compensation,
> it provide fast
> operation.

I generally only stuff around with S mode and OM lenses when the camera is
tripod mounted (often macro), so taking a shot, checking the histogram, etc.
is not an issue.  I haven't found the E-300 to be good at getting the
correct exposure in A mode anyhow, so it's always a bit of an iterative
process whatever choice you make.

...Wayne