[OM] Re: Panasonic/Leica 14-50 & 25/1.4 on sale separately

Subject: [OM] Re: Panasonic/Leica 14-50 & 25/1.4 on sale separately
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:00:19 -0700
I likely will be selling my black paint MP, 21/4 Voigtlander, black paint 35
Summicron, 50 collapsible Summicron and 90 Elmarit as well as the rest of my
L*ica setup to pay for my first foray into DSLR-land. I can't quite justify
(read: afford) having bits and pieces of three different manual film camera
systems, so the most complete and sentimental--the OM--will stay and the MP
and N*kon will go. But the L*ica lenses have given me the most luscious
photographs I've ever taken, and it would be a nice bonus if I could keep a
bit of that "look" in the DSLR system I get into. I've read that the
aperture ring could be activated by firmware update in the Oly cameras.

I have to admit though, honestly, I'm just flopping about these days. A move
to digital seems likely, but none of the current choices/routes to a DSLR
system seem appealing, as I sit here with my substantial investment in
lovely Zuiko glass, so I keep flip-flopping between all the options, the new
Panny system being one of them.

I'm getting worn out on the discussion and pondering of it though, and since
Oly has nothing to offer us until PMA, I'm going to drop it, and look into
film scanners for a change....

Rob in Seattle