[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:58:09 EDT
Hello Khen,

I'm a very infrequent poster to this list, but very interested in what you
have written over the last few weeks. Please don't give up on us!  Like some on
this list, I own two different brands of DSLR's. I bought into a Canon system
for my daughter and an Olympus system for my use. I decided on the Oly system
for me for one reason-lenses. For all of us OM System users, it has been fun
watching the Canon users reinforce what we new all along; some of Olympus's
wide angles are/were some of the best lenses of their type ever made. I feel
Olympus is trying to do the same thing with the E System and that is build a
camera system around the very highest quality optics. Yes, I know, with digital
cameras the sensor and associated electronics can make or break the reputation
of
a brand. I'm hoping Oly will be able to deliver 10+ MP cameras of E1 quality.
I purchased the E  500 two lens kit several months ago and have since added
the 7-14,11-22, and 50-200 lenses.  All great, BUT, please tell anybody who
will listen the 11-22 should have been a 9-18!  Right now, the widest lens I
can
use with a polarizer is a 11mm. And finally, will Olympus's image stabilizer
be lens or body based? I have the 14-45 kit lens right now and am trying to
decide if I should buy the Panasonic lens, the Oly 14-54, or wait for the Oly
body with image stabilization. Hopefully, the new body will happen this decade!
Thanks again for your posts.

Gary Faulkenberry