[OM] Re: "(...) the fastest macro lenses for 35mm full-frame photography

Subject: [OM] Re: "(...) the fastest macro lenses for 35mm full-frame photography today (...)" (RANT)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:39:33 -0700
I was my first reaction. However there are only a few film cameras
left that can be purchased new. In another couple years there will be
fewer because they did not sell. The reason for that is that people
are buying digital or have bought digital and are using them while
there film cameras sit in a bag in the closet. The focal lengths are
odd if they are to be used on a digital camera leaving the 50 too
short and the 100 too long to double as a portrait length with a
multiplier. They might have had a sale here with a 65 mm macro. I am
not sure you can make a big success out of selling lenses primarily
to fit on mostly used cameras that have been mostly abandoned and it
is obvious Zeiss is struggling to survive.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA