[OM] Re: "(...) the fastest macro lenses for 35mm full-frame photography

Subject: [OM] Re: "(...) the fastest macro lenses for 35mm full-frame photography today (...)" (RANT)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:45:37 +0000
Anyone who wears corrective lenses of any sort probably wastes money buying
top-of-the-line binoculars, and definitely so if those corrective lenses are in
the form of eyeglasses. After getting by with the Jason 7x35 binoculars, two
pairs of which my father and I bought for football watching and deer hunting
back about 1960, three years ago I decided I might be able to afford something
a little more better.

I examined closely all of the following marques of the 7 or 8x40+ sort:
Swarovski, Zeiss, Leupold, Leica, Nikon, and Steiner. Oh, almost forgot:
Olympus. Ended up buying the Olympus 8x42 Magellans. Just couldn't see much
difference between them and the high-priced ones, and sure as shootin' not
hundreds of dollars' worth. And they're waterproof, just like the E-1.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --