[OM] Re: Some pictures...

Subject: [OM] Re: Some pictures...
From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 20:59:49 +0100
Stuart,

Pleased you found the pics interesting. The area around the Gulf of Morbihan
is well worth a visit if you're into "antiquities" - all sorts of stuff.
It's about 60 miles SSE of Rostrenen - make a good day trip if you have the
time.

The carvings in the Dolmen des Pierres Plates are my favourites in this
series - may not look much but they were not easy to get. This is one of the
few tombs in the area with good carvings which are not closely managed. Thus
it is possible to take photographs - but no lights, etc. Don't use flash
very much generally & was very pleased to get anything usable at all. The
site is just to the west of Locmariaquer, right on the beach & accessible
anytime.

If you are able, do visit Gavrinis - the carvings are absolutely stunning (&
very well lit - no photograph allowed unfortunately) - you can get a boat
from Larmor-Baden.

Don't think I've visited the site you mentioned - not surprised, so much to
see in Brittany. Sure you'll have a good time... :-)

Regards - Martyn Smoothy