[OM] Re: a personal attack

Subject: [OM] Re: a personal attack
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:09:26 -0700
William Sommerwerck wrote:
> I know ad hominem remarks are not looked on with favor, but Khen Lim's
> most-recent remarks show him to be an arrogant SOB who's doing everything
> he can to make the people in this group hate Olympus.

That's not quite your style, William. And beneath you, seems to me.

> He wants us to
> believe everything Olympus has done or will do is correct, and we're
> supposed to gag on that codswallop and "have faith".

He never said we should "...gag on that codswallop."
If you read that out of what he said, you ought to sit back and take stock,
because your perception bone has slipped out of place!

>> "If you want Olympus to understand YOU, why not humble yourself a little
>> and ask if you have tried to understand THEM? You cannot go on TRYING to
>> understand them if you don't do your homework. Instead through the
>> devil's playground -- your mind -- you have wild fantasies and torrid
>> thoughts, fascinating speculations and put-them-down attitudes."

> Humble ourselves? And kow-tow to whom? Americans aren't Orientals who bow
> to authority, Mr. Lim.

You fail to understand the meaning behind that comment. It's totally lost on
you. Sad. There's a lot to be learned from Oriental philosophy.
But you'll let it slip by because for some unfathomable reason, you feel
threatened by "humility."
It's because you don't understand it...

> About 15 years ago I went to a Seattle photo store who had a Polaroid
> accessory I needed. We go to talking about cameras and I told him I had a
> nice OM system, and how happy I was with it. "Tell me what you think of
> this", he said, as he pulled out a two-digit OM camera body. "Open it." I
> popped the back and nearly threw up. The quality of workmanship was
> terrible. Only someone who had no experience with major-brand SLRs would
> buy such a product.
>
> As I said in a previous posting, if I ever return to serious film
> photography, it will not be by buying used OM lenses for my OM-4Ti bodies.
> I'll go to Canon, where I can have a film body and a full-frame digital
> body that use the same lenses.

Now I *know* you've lost it...
See ya later.

keith whaley