[OM] Re: Is Khen Real?????

Subject: [OM] Re: Is Khen Real?????
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 04:12:28 +0200
Le mardi 03 Octobre 2006 03:39, Mark Dapoz a écrit :
> On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Richard Ociepka wrote:
> > I would hate to think that one would go through all that typing to
> > deliver a knowingly false message.
>
> Some people go to even greater extents to satify their needs.

Not to bark with the dogs (I'm no PI, and am not a qualified Olympus collector
enough to pretend to debunk someone on that basis), but the developpement of
internet has generated an enormous increase of this kind of scam. People
pretending to be what they dreamed about for years, in total impunity. Where
else a nerdy male teen can pretend to be a 25 yo blond female executive ? The
line between practical joke, litterature experience and pathology is very
thin. The problem when this kind of "troll" enters a group is his/her need
for constant attention, a thing they generaly miss badly and crave for in
real life. So instead of sticking to a plausible fake, they generaly brag
around and raise every trouble they can. This can severely affect an
otherwise nice group, splitting frienships etc.

an article about the frequency of gender swapping (not the subject here, but I
suspect most of motivations exposed apply) on the internet :
http://www.rider.edu/suler/psycyber/genderswap.html

--
Manuel Viet