[OM] Re: Isle Royale In June

Subject: [OM] Re: Isle Royale In June
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 21:46:11 -0700 (PDT)
Dave wrote:
> "My bags are packed, and I'm ready to go".
> I'll keep that month open. Put me on the list. Can't wait.
> Hope it comes together. Bugs will be a nuisance.

Hmm. I need a higher participation this time.  I'm seriously
considering it, but will need to make a bunch of
modifications...

In addition, I'm looking at the calendar regarding a springtime
workshop in the UP (Porcupines, waterfalls, Copper-Country) as
an alternative (or addition) to the fall.  The UP and Isle
Royale workshops would be done back-to-back.  Both would occur
in mid-June and maybe (we'll see) there will be a discount for
dual-enrollment.  The UP workshop would be
"hitch-in-the-gitalong" friendly. Isle Royale remains a bit more
streneous, but not unreasonably so. We ended up doing a
"self-pace" some of the time.  UP would be hotel'd every night,
Isle Royale is a question-mark on what type of accomodations to
expect.  Just how much do you want to spend???? Lodging on the
island basically runs about $100 per person per night--and
that's four to a room. Plan on two nights, possibly three on the
island.  AG-Outfitters would be cheeper, but...

My family wants to go to the island with me next year and we're
looking at a way to spend a couple of weeks there. Can't say how
we'd pull that off...  ;)  But this does prove a point--Isle
Royale has an extremely high repeat visit rate.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com