[OM] Re: The plan emerges

Subject: [OM] Re: The plan emerges
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:08:15 -0700 (PDT)
> See, that hilarious story (sorry, AG ;-) ) is just *some* of
> the stuff I've been waiting for. What's the point of having a
> "meet" if you don't get to drag out all the juicy stuff,
> filletting it publicly in all its gory detail afterwards.

Well, we have a motto:

"What happens on Isle Royale, Stays on Isle Royale."

However...

When the guys arrived on the island, the ranger giving the
greeting talk, mentioned the location of two nearby restrooms.
One was stocked by the NPS and the other by the concessonaire.
The NPS provided "one-ply" tissue, while the other was equipped
with "two-ply" tissue.  Hence the "One-Ply Palace" and "Two-Ply
Palace".  Strange, really, since the pit toilet not 40 feet from
the shelters had two-ply.  Few would use that, though, since
One-Ply was just a couple minutes walk.

Just how long can you hold your breath?

> plans" to contain some coordinates below Mother Earth's VPL
> (ie. "Visible Panty Line", ie. equator, ie. down this way).

The thought has crossed my mind, however, I won't plan one
someplace I haven't been before.  Unless, of course, I was able
to partner up with a local.

Another story?

http://image66media.com/Gallery/IsleRoyale01/P9086655093

The photo is a little deceiving. I'm pointing the camera almost
straight down. Yup. Joel is delicately balanced on some lichen a
good forty feet from the first bounce. "You want to get this
shot too?" he asks me.  "Nah, I don't think so."  This is the
photo he doesn't want his wife to see.

It's not a workshop story, but my first day on the island I
hiked down to Three-Mile campground.  That trail was very
technical and physically demanding. According to my GPS, I was
only about 200-300 meters from the "campground" when I came
across this young couple that had obviously bitten off more than
they could chew.  Each must have had 60 pound packs and I could
tell they were totally wiped out and hurting.  I let them know
that they were really close to the campground and I went on my
way.  The first shelter was taken, but the second was free so I
immediately grabbed it and kept an eye on the trail. I never saw
that couple again.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com