[OM] Re: Basic Dumb Question: What solution to use in cleaning lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Basic Dumb Question: What solution to use in cleaning lens
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:44:11 +0000
I used to swear by denatured alcohol or Windex and Kimwipes, but a couple of
years ago I discovered Zeiss lens cleaner. Still use the Kimwipes. The Zeiss
stuff is way, way more better than any lens cleaner I've ever used, and I've
tried a bunch. It cleans thoroughly and disappears completely, leaving no
trace. Breathe on the lens after cleaning and you'll see a perfectly even fog,
not a streaky mess.

Of course, the best policy when it comes to cleaning lenses is don't unless
they really need it. Most folks would be shocked to see just how much crud and
corruption can be on a lens, particularly on the front element, before it has
any real effect.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from