[OM] Re: Manual focusing of the e500?

Subject: [OM] Re: Manual focusing of the e500?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 07:57:56 -0700 (PDT)
> I was experimenting with this phenomenon the other night at a
> football game.  As I would drift into a darker area the lens
> would hunt and then just go completely out of focus.

Rumour has it...  (at least with the E-1)

If you have the camera in shutter-speed priority mode, the
"motordrive" set to sequence and the AF selector set to
Continous, that the AF will restrict the range of "hunting" that
it does.  BTW, it does help to keep all-three focus points
active as one of the three is bound to focus on something and at
least keep things in range.

No guarantee, but worth a check.  If I recall, this is one of
those undocumented back-door features.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com