[OM] Re: Is the ME-1 any good? Re: Re: the ME-1 -- a cautionary note

Subject: [OM] Re: Is the ME-1 any good? Re: Re: the ME-1 -- a cautionary note
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:50:14 -0400
Back in the days of manual newspaper layouts sticky wax was rolled on (using
hot rollers) and
used to stick the camera-ready text to the paper layout. Thumbnail-carved bits
were also very
useful for sticking posters on walls. EZ to put on and remove. Dunno if they
make it any more...

tOM

On Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 15:38,
Jez Cunningham <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Boy, I'm glad I live in a place where I've never heard of Earthquake Wax!
> (Is it like BluTak?)
> Jez, living in the middle of a big tectonic plate, far from the edge...
>

> On 10/3/06, Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >        I'll second John on this one. I really like the ME-1 on the
> > E-500. Mine gave me a scare though. I grabbed the camera out of the bag
> > at the last second on my way out the door to pick up my daughter from
> > her tennis class. When I put it up to my face to take a few shots of her
> > playing, I realized it was gone. Sh*t! Now where the hell did I lose it?
> > I back tracked to the car while scanning the path. No luck. Later at
> > home I found it in the camera bag. Big whew of relief. What to do; I
> > have asked my Aunt (who lives in Los Angeles) to mail me a small pinch
> > of Earthquake Wax that I plan to press against the frame of the ME-1 and
> > the camera back. I don't know if it will stick but I'll give it a try.

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.41235 W75.71345     +1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </      This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
 (`-/---/-')            a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~  to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle