[OM] Re: E-3 Timing

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Timing
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 17:07:40 -0400
What you been smokin' there, son?  Where is this Pentax 645 digital
thingie that was announced 18 months ago?  Once again it's exhibited
under glass at Photokina and elicited this remark from dpreview: "In the
'behind glass' section we got our first glimpse of the three new pro
lenses (DA* 16-50 mm F2.8 ED, DA* 50-135 mm F2.8 ED, DA* 60-250 mm F4.0
ED) and - once again - the 645 Digital, which seems no nearer to actual
production than it was at PMA".

Its 18MP sensor has a 1.3X crop factor and will force folks to go out
and get even wider lenses, none of which have been announced that I'm
aware of.  Likely to be extra expensive if they ever materialize.  Maybe
folks will choose to buy L-mark-II lenses (whatever that is) for their
22MP 1Dxxxx's instead.  Or maybe just an 18/3.5 Zuiko.

Chuck Norcutt