[OM] Re: Is the ME-1 any good? Re: Re: the ME-1 -- a cautionary note

Subject: [OM] Re: Is the ME-1 any good? Re: Re: the ME-1 -- a cautionary note
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:03:16 -0700
Jez wrote;

> Boy, I'm glad I live in a place where I've never heard of Earthquake
> Wax!

Earthquakes are nothing. I just watched a Nova program on "Super
Volcanos". The last time one blew, 75,000 years ago, it spewed about
5,600 times as much material into the atmosphere as Mt St. Helens, 230
times as much as Krakatoa,  and may have precipitated an ice age.

They happen much less frequently than earthquakes, fortunately. My
nearest ones are Long Valley, just SE of Yosemite and Yellowstone
itself. both are still active, in that the land is slowly rising as the
magma chambers fill. Nothing likely to happen for at least a few
thousand years.

Moose