[OM] Re: Sinar P2 or wait for E-X?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sinar P2 or wait for E-X?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:18:46 -0400
Jón, do you already have the infrastructure in place to support LF
work?  If not, do you have access to an LF darkroom?

I ask because you really need top notch gear to realize all that the
Sinar/Rodenstock have to offer.  The chain is only as strong as its
weakest link.  BTW, is the lens one of the Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-S
line?  If so, you'll really need an enlarger lens that matches it to
do it justice and it will be expensive.

It's also a good idea to evaluate yourself as well.  Based on the work
at your Web site you're a talented photographer.  Are you a *very*
patient, deliberate shooter with a tendency to perfectionism?  If so,
LF photography may well be for you.  If not, it'll make you crazy.

Saso's point is well taken; you may want to try a less expensive LF
outfit first.  Even if this is an good deal, it's probably not a
once-in-a-lifetime one.  I suspect LF gear will continue to be
available for reasonable prices as digital continues to increase
market share.  In fact, most used film gear continues to go down in
price.

Probably not what you want to hear, but it's my two lux worth/ScottGee1