[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:31:05 -0400
As to where things are going on the megapixel front I think one need
only look here, at least for the short term.
<http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/best19_21.html>
[19-21mm] Despite being a highly desirable focal length for
landscape,interiors and architectural photographers, at the time of
writing no uncompromised retrofocus SLR lens exists that can resolve to
the limit of the latest 13MP and 16MP 35mm sensors across the frame.

So, although the best of the best in this test, the Contax, Leica, Nikon
and Oly 35mm lenses have acquitted themselves very well in testing,
*none* of them is able to uniformly resolve to the limits of *existing*
full frame Canon sensors.  It should also be clear that, if the lens
can't do it at 12-16 MP, it ain't there in a 50 MP film scan either.

Assuming it can or should be done, resolving 22 MP from a 35mm frame
size is going to take new lenses.  And let's keep in mind that 22 MP is
only a 17% increase in resolution above 16 MP.

Chuck Norcutt