[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:41:07 +0000
*Sigh* I must agree. When I followed the link, I deliberately didn't look to
see which shot was which, and I immediately picked the Provia scan as being the
superior photo. It just has more of that "being there" look. I don't know how
else to explain it.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>

> I disagree ; when I look at both pictures, clearly the digital one looks to
> me
> flatter than the film one. In fact, I agree that when you just look at
> details, both are equivalent, but when you look at the full frame, the film
> image gives a better sense of volumes : the EDS letters, the ribs on the
> white blob, they're all much better looking on film. This is a feeling that's
> not resolution related, obviously.

--snip--