[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 23:54:30 +0800
I don't understand why they didn't remove it from their web, I have seen it
some years ago, it was before I purchase the E-10 to proof the test was
wrong! It is just BS, the E-10 with 4MP is still poorer than ISO100 negative
in resolution (some may say the D30 has much better pixel quality, ok proof
it to me that the 8M Canon is much better than the E-300 at low ISO, please
check dpreview).

Actually, they did two worng things in their test, one is the use of a poor
zoom, yes, I know it s a "L" lens, but it is a 100-400, I don't think the
quality will hold at the long end. Second they use an acent scanner and say
it was a professional one, I will just take this as a joke today. That is
also one of the reason I purchased the 4000dpi Nikon scanner to run the
test.

I trust my testing result and what Pop photo say much more, we both found
12MP will be a much closer match between film and DC (again just in terms of
resolution).

Here is the test I made three years ago and most of you should have seen it
more than once:

http://www.accura.com.hk/Film-10D.htm

I learnt from the luminous-landscape since then, I will not trust any single
test web without compare to some more respectable one or my own test.

C.H.Ling