[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:33:38 +1000

> Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Sorry, the only one I hear these complaints from is you.  Here's the 3MP
> D30 vs a high quality Imacon 3200 dpi scan of a Provia shot.  Both look
> fine to me and pretty much equivalent.  What small differences I see are
> of the same type that I might relate to a different type of film.
> <http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/d30/d30_vs_film.shtml>

Funny, I thought the Imacon scanner produced a digital variant of the original
film image.  If you're looking at it on a computer screen it's been digitized !

How about comparing an optical/analogue print or a projected image of that
Provia transparency with the digital equivalent.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com