[OM] Re: Super Tak 50mm F1.4 vs Zuiko 50mm F1.4

Subject: [OM] Re: Super Tak 50mm F1.4 vs Zuiko 50mm F1.4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 02:47:00 -0700
Ali Shah wrote:
> I have the 14-54, 50-200, and 35mm Macro. The only
> thing I have seen so far with the classics is that
> when you turn the aperture ring past F11 (say F16 or
> F22) - the viewfinder gets very dim and its difficult
> to focus even in daylight. I took a few photos
> yesterday of a field of wildflower and I couldnt focus
> properly.

You need to open the lens up to focus, then close it down to check DOF
and take the shot.

Even if you can see to focus, it won't focus well at small apertures.
Focusing will seem odd, hard to do and you will wonder what's wrong.
This is because the DOF is so great at small apertures that it's hard to
find the point of sharpest focus on the part of the subject you want
most in focus.

Moose