[OM] Re: Multi-spot experiences? [Was: Multi spot metering]

Subject: [OM] Re: Multi-spot experiences? [Was: Multi spot metering]
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:52:56 +0100
Thanks Moose and Chris,

it's nice to share some experiences :)

So, it seems that the area measured by the spot-meter is about the
equivalent of the central circle, rather including the microprism collar as
well.

I have a question, though, based on Chris's analysis :
I see you differentiate the use of the spot-meter tool between Auto and
Manual mode.
How come, why the different ways?
And does this mean (as I try to speculate) that in Auto-mode there is also
some kind of evaluative metering acting on backround, so even if you
underexpose 3 stops lets say for the black tone, (as you do in Manual), you
still wouldn't know how many stops exactly the camera really did
underexpose?

kind regards
Christos