[OM] Re: is a long post okay?; snide crackers

Subject: [OM] Re: is a long post okay?; snide crackers
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 17:22:34 +0000
Despite years of watching Python, Brit-coms, mysteries, and Attenborough
documentaries, translating such anomalies as lorry/truck, lift/elevator, car
park/parking lot, crisp/chip, chip/fry, cracker/cookie, cake/god knows what,
and on and on, I don't feel all that bad about not understanding the meaning of
the sentence in question. However, I do claim that I did realize that the
correct syntax had the distinct possibility of meaning just what William
claimed. He just had it all garbled up and discomboobulated.

Walt, who speaks fluent Southern and Appalachian American

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>