[OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery

Subject: [OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:10:57 -0400
Don't know if you want to carry something this big but you might
consider a used Minolta A2.  The A1 and A2 have electronic viewfinders
(EVF's) which have built-in dioptric correction.  The A1's viewfinder is
only 320x240 resolution which is pretty crude but still somewhat usable.
  The A2, on the other hand, has a 640x480 EVF.  I've never used one but
with 4X the pixels it's got to be a lot better.  They must have found
this too expensive to produce since the later cameras went back to the
320x240 size.  There may be other cameras with 640x480 EVF's but I don't
know what they are.  Anyhow the A1 and A2 are pretty sexy machines.  I
wish I could buy one like them but with a much larger sensor.
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/konicaminoltaa2/>

Chuck Norcutt