[OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery

Subject: [OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:39:16 -0700
Rob Harrison wrote:
> I had a look at a F30 in the shop today, and realized that I will not be
> able to operate one of them new-fangled digicams with no viewfinder without
> my READING GLASSES! Crikey! Unless of course I hold it about 30 inches away.

Ah yes, the advantage of myopia. Once one gets old enough, the reading
glasses just become part of the glasses one is wearing all the time anyway.

Now that the P&S LCDs are so large, they work very well with my double
aspheric progressive lenses.
> Or rely on the Œbeep-beep¹ to tell me the shot is in focus. And it appears
> pretty much any digital P&S, if it has a viewfinder at all, has one that is
> virtually useless. (Of the ones I looked at anyway.)
Exactly why I don't think the loss of viewfinders is any loss at all.
They don't show what the camera will capture nor whether it is in focus.
I remember the shock one day when I remembered my S110 had a viewfinder.
Took one look through it and went back to the LCD, small as it is.

Moose