[OM] Re: Totaly off topic

Subject: [OM] Re: Totaly off topic
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:40:45 -0400
This puts something I observed years ago into perspective.

Back in the early seventies, our high school marching band was invited
to a week long festival in Vienna.  The trip was extended by two weeks
to allow us to tour and play various venues in Europe.

The skills of Karl, our bus driver, never failed to amaze me.  One one
occasion, he backed the bus into a spot adjacent to another bus.  I
was seated on the left side and by the time he was done (in one
attempt) I could put my fingers out the window and touch the other
bus.  And the distance was consistent the length of the bus.

We did have a few thrills while driving through the Alps, but those
were down to the twisty mountain roads, not Karl.  Children from
Detroit are NOT used to such precipitous drop-offs -- except in the
economy.  ;o)

ScottGee1