[OM] Re: Adapter question

Subject: [OM] Re: Adapter question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 02:21:45 -0700
Michael Darling wrote:
> Has anyone tried the "AF-Confirm" OM>EOS adapters that are on ebay? (~
> $85)

Johnny has one and hasn't been all that impressed.  Apparently, the EOS
system involves the lens being coded with a focus offset, which it tells
the body. So some lenses work with the adapter and others don't,
apparently. That makes no sense to me, but....

Johnny was in communications with the makers, but I haven't heard
anything in a while.

Some correspondence has been off list. As far as I am concerned,
adapters to use Zuikos on EOS bodies are much further on-topic than most
of the traffic the last couple of days.

Moose