[OM] feedback ratings

Subject: [OM] feedback ratings
From: "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:10:40 -0700
"Yes, because it probably doesn't count the other 5 or 10
> percent they brow beat into withdrawing their nasty feedback.
> I consider 98% posititive the minimum I'll deal with."

This is the same number I arrived at. As hard as it might be to believe,
eBayers with positive feedback of 98% are likely to be care-less jerks or
outright frauds. I recently got screwed (but lost no money) by one I should
have know better than to deal with.

There's one exception... A seller with thousands and thousands of sales, but a
rating of, say, 97%, is likely to be honest. It's just than in dealing with so
many people, he's hit a signficant percentage of idiots.