[OM] Re: LX-2 redux - new dpreview of the LX-2

Subject: [OM] Re: LX-2 redux - new dpreview of the LX-2
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:58:17 -0500
> Unfortunately, it appears that the fears I expressed earlier were
> justified. A real shame, as it's otherwise such an impressive camera
> with a great lens.
No one more sorry than I. I was set to pull the pin on this one, until I saw
the sample photos with the review. I can't entirely say I'm surprised, but
very dissapointed. I'm appalled that Leica has taken on with Panasonic, and
these crappy sensors. I understand that the "special tweeks" applied to the
software regard color rendition. It would seem that there is too much noise
to be successfully reduced.

I'm also sorry that this is a partner with Olympus. Let's hope that
Panasonic isn't the new sensor supplier. Kodak sensors have a reputation for
good results are the low speed, but high noise as ISO's climb. It seems that
Panasonic is worse.

Bill Pearce