[OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?

Subject: [OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 22:30:29 +1000

> The problem with digital photography is that it reduces the
> incremental cost of taking a photograph to essentially
> nothing. The photographer thus has zero motivation for paying
> any attention to what he's doing. How many photos remain in
> the camera's memory, unprinted, simply because they aren't any good?

Yeah, a bloke at work was "lecturing" to me yesterday.  It went something
like this "soon there will be no professional photographers as it's so easy
for anybody to just keep pressing the button until the picture comes out
right".  My immediate thought was of the thousand monkeys on typewriters
that would eventually write all the works of Shakespeare - won't happen,
they'll just produce endless garbage, something about entropy I reckon.

...Wayne