[OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?

Subject: [OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?
From: "GeeBee" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:25:20 +0100
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and
photography?

> snip
> Think about this list. The most prolific poster of very high quality
> photos seldom talks about the tools. I don't believe GB earns a living
> as a photographer either.
> snip

Hi Jeff,

Thanks :-) I was just about to reply that I have never earned so much as a
red cent from my photography when this dropped into my inbox:

Hi Graham

We are putting together a calendar for our 4,000 residents who live in Spire
Homes rented/shared ownership properties throughout Northamptonshire and are
currently looking for local photographs taken in areas in which we work,
landscape, colour, possibly depicting all four seasons of the year i.e.
snowy picture to go with Jan etc (I am sure you get the idea).

While searching google images, I came across your site.  Some of the
pictures look fab and possibly just what we are looking for.

We are a not for profit company and budget is always an issue.  Can you
clarify the following:

  a.. Is this something you can help us with?
  b.. How much would you charge per image?

We require the prints to be high res approx 2,000 x 2,000 px and over 1,000
k.

I have contacted Northampton college and the county council who are looking
into their stock.  We have a deadline of 30 October at the very latest.

Many thanks.

Sharon

Sharon Murrell
Account Manager - Marketing