[OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?

Subject: [OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:04:52 -0700
I believe that the ease of taking lots of photos without a visible cost is
a two edged sword.  One one hand it does promote taking lots of lousy
photographs that are never printed.  On the other it gives us the ability
to take photos see the result and learn what we did wrong and correct it in
a timely manner.  We can also experiment more now that we are not bound by
the cost of buying and processing film.  And yes it would probably be
cheaper to shoot film if you have to factor in the cost of the computer
digital camera and assorted accessories but once they have been bought you
no longer think about that.  I know that when I shot more photos I was much
better both at seeing the photograph and capturing it then I am now.  But
now that I have started using the E-500 I find myself improving.  John
Gettis