[OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?

Subject: [OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?
From: Jim Couch <Zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:06:16 -0700
When I get folks talking like this to me, I find it helpful to equate it
to something they can do. I notice that even with the advent of online
trading there are more stock brokers than ever for example.

It is amazing how folks equate having access to easy to use tools with
being able to be a 'pro' In order to be a true full professional (ie
make a living at something) you need to be able to do something
quickly,  consistently, and well enough along with charging enough to
make a profit. Even if you can shoot enough digital shots that you get a
good one once and a while, that does not mean that you can make money at
it. As they say time is money.

I own a framing nailer, and have used it in the process of remodeling my
basement and building a fence for our back patio - that DOES NOT make me
a professional framer! I can do a good job, but it takes me WAY to long
to do it for a living!

It is not having the tool that makes you a pro, - it is knowing how to
use the tool to efficiently get the necessary results that gives you the
potential to make a living at it!

Jim Couch