[OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?

Subject: [OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:15:41 -0700
The cisco meeting was about internet traffic and the routers to handle
it so there weren't many details. (the original info was in the wall
street journal)

a google turns up
"Post seemingly impossible self-potraits on Flickr and you get hired by Toyota"
http://www.metafilter.com/tags/flickr
 which links to
http://flickr.com/photos/rebba
notice the 2 million views and counting

also turned up
"As videos, blogs and Web pages created by amateurs remake the
entertainment landscape, unknown directors, writers and producers are
being catapulted into positions of enormous influence. Each week,
about a half-million people download a comedic video podcast featuring
a former paralegal. A video by a 30-year-old comedian from Cleveland
has now been watched by almost 30 million people, roughly the audience
for an average "American Idol" episode. The most popular contributor
to the photo site Flickr.com just got a contract to shoot a Toyota ad
campaign."
http://blog.fastcompany.com/archives/2006/08/01/the_new_media_elite.html

The all encompassing aspect is that very wide communication is
available to everyone. If you have something worthwhile fame and
fortune may follow. I suspect Graham's photos would get much wider
notice on flickr than on the OM mailing list.. I suspect that if his
website had a paypal bin button he would have got some of my money
already.

-jeff