[OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #3

Subject: [OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #3
From: "Michael Wong" <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:04:54 +0800
Hi, Chuck,
Thanks for your comment. I scanned the picture with Nikon CoolScan IV
ED. Normally, my workflow is scanning 12 bit to TIFF & then convert to
8 bit & resize & save as JPEG. I tried to select auto exposure &
disable auto exposure at my CoolScan IV ED, but I found that no
difference.

If I take slide, I'll follow the slide to adjust the TIFF image before
save to JPEG. But if it is negative, I believe the scanner only :(

By the way, is that the dynamic range is not enough for the CoolScan
IV ED (3.6) ?

Thanks to point out my problem ^^

--
Michael

Chuck Norcutt wrote:

Needs a better scan to bring out the shadow detail which is probably there.

Chuck Norcutt