[OM] Re: Digital lenses WAS: Re: E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital lenses WAS: Re: E-500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:08:33 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> That makes the argument for reduced format even better.
PopPhoto did quite a nice comparison of all those and the C and N(?).
Frustrating though, as there was no clear winner in all performance
aspects. The choice boils down to which things are most important to
you. And most of that
> Hmm. 5D huh?

Yeah, me too. The 24-85mm zoom I bought used at the same time as the for
the 300D to provide some AF where the Zuikos in stop down mode weren't
quick enough turns into real WA to portrait lens. The Zuiko 18/3.5 and
21/3.5 are about as good as super wides get. The 28-300 works very well
out to about 500 mm eq. with cropping.

I just couldn't get the overall combo of things I wanted with a 20/30D.
I think the Nik*ns are great cameras, but C had already sucked me in
with the OM mount compatibility, and they are certainly no worse than
the Ns. Seldom use the adapters now, only for super wide and super tele,
now that I have the Tamron 90/2.8 macro, but I'm not sorry with where
I've ended up.

Moose