[OM] Re: E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:03:55 -0700
I had tried something similar, viewing in a dimly lit room and trying
to pick out detail in the shadows.  I had the 35-70/3.6 on the OM-1
and a 28-200/3.5-5.6(with many, many elements) on the D200. Hmm.
Forgot about the possibility of aperture reduction with the zoom
setting, but I don't think it could have been affected because of the
result. I could not see any difference in the overall brightness,
just more shadow detail with the D200, but it occurs to me that my
result could perhaps be due to the image smoothness of its more
modern Nikon screen compared with the course texture of the ground
glass of the OM1n rather than viewfinder brightness. So my judgment
have been premature about the Nikon viewfinder being brighter.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA