[OM] Re: E330 and T20/T32

Subject: [OM] Re: E330 and T20/T32
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:19:59 -0400
I have used T-32's and Sunpak 422D's and 522's in auto mode on both the
Minolta A1 and the C 5D.  If you want to do bounce & swivel flash in
auto mode you need to keep the T-32 in the hot shoe and use one of the
Sunpaks as the swivel unit.  The T-32 can only swivel when mounted on
the BG-2 and when it does it points its auto mode sensor in the
direction of the flash head instead of at the subject.  The Sunpaks
always keep the auto sensor pointing at the subjects regardless of the
tilt/swivel position of the flash head.

I find that the dual flash arrangment can usually be adjusted to give a
good exposure after 1 or 2 test shots.  Just lie to each flash
(individually) about the ISO setting to adjust the power output.

I haven't tried the following but think it should work just fine.
Although the T-32 doesn't keep its sensor pointed at the subject, when
used as bounce and swivel on the BG-2, it could probably still be
operated in auto mode by being told a much different ISO lie than the
T-20 in the hot shoe.  When used swiveled and bounced you could depend
on the T-32 to provide a "room light" effect at, say, a couple of stops
less brightness than the T-20 operated direct or ceiling bounce.  Use
the T-32 to light the room and fill shadows and the T-20 to correctly
expose the subject.  After trying to fill the whole room with light the
T-32 may be sufficiently dimmer than the T-20 to just be set to full
power manual and forget it.  Leave it alone and then concentrate on just
the T-20 to get correct exposure on the subject.

Chuck Norcutt

  I know folks have used T series in Auto mode