[OM] Re: E330 and T20/T32

Subject: [OM] Re: E330 and T20/T32
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 03:53:11 -0400
You can tilt the T32 flash head one way, eg up if held horizontally. The sensor
is in the middle of
the O in Olympus and remains facing forward. It also tips toward the camera for
closeups.

tOM

On Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 9:19,
Chuck Norcutt <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have used T-32's and Sunpak 422D's and 522's in auto mode on both the
> Minolta A1 and the C 5D.  If you want to do bounce & swivel flash in
> auto mode you need to keep the T-32 in the hot shoe and use one of the
> Sunpaks as the swivel unit.  The T-32 can only swivel when mounted on
> the BG-2 and when it does it points its auto mode sensor in the
> direction of the flash head instead of at the subject.  The Sunpaks
> always keep the auto sensor pointing at the subjects regardless of the
> tilt/swivel position of the flash head.
>
> I find that the dual flash arrangment can usually be adjusted to give a
> good exposure after 1 or 2 test shots.  Just lie to each flash
> (individually) about the ISO setting to adjust the power output.
>
> I haven't tried the following but think it should work just fine.
> Although the T-32 doesn't keep its sensor pointed at the subject, when
> used as bounce and swivel on the BG-2, it could probably still be
> operated in auto mode by being told a much different ISO lie than the
> T-20 in the hot shoe.  When used swiveled and bounced you could depend
> on the T-32 to provide a "room light" effect at, say, a couple of stops
> less brightness than the T-20 operated direct or ceiling bounce.  Use
> the T-32 to light the room and fill shadows and the T-20 to correctly
> expose the subject.  After trying to fill the whole room with light the
> T-32 may be sufficiently dimmer than the T-20 to just be set to full
> power manual and forget it.  Leave it alone and then concentrate on just
> the T-20 to get correct exposure on the subject.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> Moose wrote:
>
>   I know folks have used T series in Auto mode
> > with reported good results and others have used manual mode and
> > calculated settings with success. How having two units in Auto mode
> > would work is strictly trial and error, but that's easy with digital.

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.41235 W75.71345     +1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </      This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
 (`-/---/-')            a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~  to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle